Sunday, October 25, 2009

Salmon with Lentils and a Mustard- Herb Butter Sauce

I don't cook with lentils very often but after reading about them I think I am going to have to add them to my repitoire more often. Did you know that lentils are low calorie, low in fat, low in cholesterol and inexpensive? WOW! that is one healthy, little vegetable that should show up on our dinner plates more often. To help you with that here is a great recipe that includes lentils.

Salmon with Lentils and a Mustard-Herb Butter Sauce

For mustard-herb butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
2 teaspoons grainy mustard
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

For lentils
1 cup French green lentils
4 cups water
2 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 to 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

For salmon
4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless salmon fillet
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

I thought this recipe was excellent. I did add a little extra lemon juice but other than that I loved it!



Salmon with Lentils

No comments: