Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Stuffed Yellow Squash

Sorry, I know it has been a few days
it is just that time of the year - busy!!

I wanted to share my side dish
from dinner the other night
because it turned out great.
I didn't follow a recipe so
here is what I remember....

Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Yellow Squash
4- 6 yellow squash
one small yellow onion, chopped
sausage
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
3 tbs. cream cheese
sage
thyme
bread crumbs for topping
Start by placing the yellow squash (whole)
in boiling water for 5 minutes.
Remove, and cut each squash in half.
Core out the center of each squash
And save this for the filling.
leaving room to stuff each half.

Sauté the onion and sausage in a pan.
Remove the grease
Remove the pan from heat
Add the squash (from center), cream cheese,
cheddar cheese, thyme, sage and a pinch
of salt and pepper.
Mix together
Stuff each squash with the mixture.
Add breadcrumbs to the top of each.
Drizzle lightly with melted butter.

Place in oven at 375 for about 20 minutes
or until the tops are lightly browned.



Before baking and bread crumbs.


After baking!! Isn't it lovely!!

I will share the main dish a little later.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yum! I just saw these in Publix and almost picked some up....

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)