Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Creamy Farfalle with Cremini and Asparagus

Just when I thought I had made every pasta dish -
I came across this recipe and thought hmmm...............
mascarpone cheese...........now that sounds good.


Creamy Farfalle with Cremini, Asparagus, and Walnuts
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis



1 pound farfalle pasta
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
1 cup mascarpone cheese
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the farfalle and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and most of the juices have evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and saute until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the farfalle. Stir in the mascarpone and nutmeg and toss until the cheese coats the pasta, adding the reserved cooking liquid 1/4 cup at a time to moisten. Stir in 1/2 cup of walnuts. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper. Mound the pasta in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and
remaining 1/4 cup of walnuts.

**Now, I know that you will notice when you look at my photograph that I did
not have Farfalle noodles in the house so I just used what I had. I also
substituted almonds where the recipe called for walnuts.

GREAT DISH!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of this dish, and I think it sounds even better with almonds!