Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pizza with Chicken, Pesto and Grapes

Last night we made a very delicious pizza!


Pizza with Chicken, Pesto and Grapes
Pizza Dough
1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 cup of washed, cut red grapes
1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, grated
1 onion, diced and cooked down, carmelized
1 cup basil pesto - you can buy this pre-made


We started with a bag of store bought pizza dough
because we have not found a recipe that we like for
pizza dough.

I set the oven to 500 degrees and placed the pizza stone
in the oven while we got all the toppings ready.

I cooked the chicken breast in some oil and sprinkled it
with thyme and sage. Then I washed and sliced about a cup
of red grapes. I sliced, cooked and carmelized an onion.
The mozzarella cheese just needed to be grated and I
had pesto in the freezer.

My husband rolled out the dough, placed it on the hot stone.
I spread the pesto all over the dough. Then I put the
thinly sliced chicken down, covered the pizza with mozzarella
cheese, add the grapes and carmelized onions to the top .




Bake at 5oo for about 7-10 minutes.

Wonderful!!!

No comments: