Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What is your favorite flavor?

WE love ice cream!
One of my husband's presents this year for his birthday
was a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.

There are so many great flavors that can be made.
My favorite flavor is Chocolate Mint Chip.
His favorite flavor is Dark Chocolate or Peanut Butter Chocolate.


Here is the recipe we used to make my favorite flavor ice cream.

Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups of whole milk
3/4 cup chocolate syrup
3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
3 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
1 cup chopped Andes candies

In medium bowl mix the milk, syrup and sugar until the sugar is dissolved,
about 2 or 3 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream and peppermint extract.
Turn on ice cream maker and pour mixture into freezer bowl.
Let mix until thickened, about 20 minutes.

Five minutes before complete, add the candies.

Transfer ice cream to airtight container and place in freezer until serving.





So easy to make and so good to eat!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah! Your comments are back on. Yummy ice cream! I wish I would eat it...I love ice cream but the feeling is not reciprical.

jenny said...

Love icecream soooooo much - maybe a little too much! Current favourite is cinnamon flavour. Perfect for this time of year. (As if any excuse were needed!)

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon sounds good Jen! How about with a little Chocolate Sauce. MMMM

Anonymous said...

I received an ice cream maker for Christmas and I am looking for recipes. This looks super yummy! I can't wait to try it.