Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lima Bean Dip

So my dear friend C from Mele Cotte is hosting


I know that I have tucked some things in to my
freezer never to be found again but for this
challenge I was willing to dig deep and take a
look at what has been in the freezer for awhile
that I can use to make something yummy.
I found several items that I had frozen
intending to make particular recipes like
bananas, ricotta cheese, and some veggies
but what I came across that I decided to use
are a container of sesame seeds.
I am using a recipe from Cooking Light
with a few substitutions .
Lima Bean Dip
1 pound frozen baby lima beans
3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 garlic clove
Cook the beans in water about 10 minutes
unitl they are very tender.
Drain, reserving a 1/2 cup of the cooking
liquid from the pan.
Toast sesame seeds, the place them in
a blender and process until finely ground.
Add juice and remaining ingredients,
process until blended.
Then add beans and reserved water.
Process this mixture until smooth.
** I added freshly grated parmesan cheese,
ground black pepper and a hint of red pepper.
Serve with vegetables, chips or peta.
Here are the steps:







So
And there you have it Lima Bean Dip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! Thanks for participating in the event, my friend! I know are days have been so crazy and its hard to find time to cook. You're the bestest!