Sunday, September 14, 2008

A lot of Guacamole


My brother and a friend came to visit a few weeks ago.
We had a great time hanging out, catching up, playing
Guitar Hero on the Wii, going out to eat and having a
Guacamole Competition!





The Guacamole Competition was that we could use any
ingredients we wanted and we could create two
batches of guacamole to submit to the judges (who were
my husband and my brother's friend - that is fair - right?)




My idea was to create one creamy batch and one spicy
batch of guacamole.

For the Creamy Guacamole I used:
avacado
cilantro
kosher salt
white onion
fresh lime juice
a little bit of cream cheese
chopped tomato added at the very end

For the Spicy Guacamole
avacado
cilantro
kosher salt
white onion
yellow pepper, chopped
red pepper
fresh lime juice


Kev's Guacamole
#1 Fresh and Chunky
avacado
cilantro
kosher salt
white onion
lime juice
tomato
*Saved some diced avacado
to add in at the end.

Kev's #2 was similar to number
#1 but I believe his secret ingredient
that was added was a little tabasco
sauce to spice it up a bit.












I don't have any fancy pictures of the guacamole.
I think we were all so hungry once we were done
making the four different kinds that we just put
some chips in a bowl and started eating.
The judges voted for MY spicy one as #1 and
Kev's Fresh and Chuncky as #2.

No comments: