I received a sample of Cuisine at Home the other day.
As I glanced through the magazine this recipe sounded very
interesting to me especially the combination of spices.
It takes some time to make the dish because of all
the steps but I think it is very good.
Spiced Chicken Thighs in Chicken Broth
by Cuisine at Home
Combine and Saute
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch salt
4 chicken thighs
Add and Saute
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon tomato paste
Add and simmer
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
1 tablespoon honey
1 lemon cut into wedges
1 bay leaf
sauteed chicken thigh
1. Combine spices and salt in a dish, then rub over chicken thighs; let stand about 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium; add chicken, skin side down, and saute until browned on both sides, 10 minutes total. Remove chicken.
3. Add onion and saute 3 minutes.
4. Stir in ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and cinnamon stick; cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Deglaze with wine and tomato paste, stirring to combine. Simmer until liquid evaporates.
6. Add tomatoes, broth, chickpeas, olives, honey, lemon and bay leaf; stir to combine.
7. Arrange reserved chicken on top cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced, 20-25 minutes.
8. Finish with parsley and salt just before serving.