Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pasta with Radicchio and Leeks

Pasta, Pasta and more Pasta!
I can't help myself when I come
across a new pasta recipe I just
have to give it a try.

This recipe intrigued me
because of the radicchio.
I don't cook with radicchio
very often and so I wasn't
sure how this dish would
turn out.

It very different and
I really liked it.
I enjoyed the mix of
flavors and really
liked the hazelnuts on top.


Leek-Radicchio Pasta
by Food Network

Slice 3 leeks and cook in olive oil.
Season the leeks with a little salt
and a little sugar. Cook them
for about 10 minutes or until tender.

Boil noodles ( Rigatoni).
Drain noodles and put back in pot.

Add 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tsp of sugar,
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar,
1 small head of sliced radicchio,
the cooked leeks, 6 ounces of fontina
cheese cut in small cups and a 1/2
to 1 cup of the pasta water.
I would start with a half cup of the
pasta water and then decide if you
want to add more.

Mix on low heat until the cheese
begins to melt.

Serve with chopped hazelnuts.

Ahh, Dinner!

No comments: