Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chicken with Lemon and Olives

I have been looking for a recipe
for chicken and olives for a while.
The recipes I have tried in the past
have been really salty and just ok.

I came across this recipe in my
Cooking Light magazine.
I am not sure what it was that
made me believe this recipe
would be better than the others
we've tried but I am happy
to say it was.

My husband made this dish
while I went running.
He did an excellent job!
Dinner looked wonderful
and tasted great.


Chicken with Lemon and Olives
recipe from Cooking Light

1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
4 chicken leg quarters
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons black pepper
16 pimiento stuffed green olives, sliced
1 lemon , thinly sliced
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine first 7 ingredients, marinate
at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Pour marinade into a 13 X 9 inch baking
dish. Heat a large skillet over medium
high heat. Add chicken, cook 3 minutes
on each side or until browned. Arrange
chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt
and pepper. Top with olives and lemon slices.
Bake at 400 degrees for
40 minutes.

Remove chicken from baking dish and keep warm.
Strainsauce over a saucepan reserving solids.
Bring sauce to a boil. cook 3 minutes or until
slightly thick. Stir in olives and garlic,
serve with chicken and lemons.
Top with parsley.



Serve with green pea rice


This recipe is a keeper!

No comments: