Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thai Peanut Chicken

I know I have expressed before how much
I enjoy Thai food ~ the flavors are just so good.
Everytime I eat out at a restaurant I check
out my food and think I really should be able
to make this dish at home unless they are
using a few secret ingredients.


I did a little online searching for recipes and
not to brag or anything but this recipe
for Thai Peanut Chicken turned out great!
Thai Peanut Chicken
1/2 lb boneless chicken tenderloins
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 cup snap peas
3/4 cup light coconut milk

rice
brown sugar

Start by slicing the chicken so that it is in thin strips.
Brown the chicken in olive oil with garlic.
In a second sauce pan warm peanut butter, salt,
soy, chilli sauce, red peppers and vinegar.
Once warm, add coconut milk until desired texture.
Add a little brown sugar if needed.
Taste and make any necessary changes.
Then add sauce to chicken and stir until heated all
the way.
Then top with crushed peanuts.

Top with peanuts

Wonderful, creamy, sweet and spicy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thai food looks so healthy but I haven't tried it yet; will have to make a point to do so soon.