Thursday, June 19, 2008

Basil & Pistachio Pesto

Summers in Atlanta are pretty hot
and some days I don't really feel like
cooking dinner or eating for that matter.
I have been looking for some good summer recipes.
Main dishes that can be served cold or that are light.
Tonight I tried out a pesto which is a little
lighter than my typical red sauce.

Basil & Pistachio Pesto
2 cups basil leaves
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup Pistachio Nuts, peeled
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt to taste
Put the first 3 dry ingredients in the food processor
and pulse until they are extremely fine.
Then add the oil and cheese and pulse again.
Taste ~ add salt ~ mix and taste.
This pesto can be poured over your
favorite pasta and served cold or warm.
This lovely dish is being submitted to Ruth
for her weekly Presto Pasta Nights Event.

I think this was a very good dish.
It was quite flavorful.
I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Okay, seriously? Did you have leftovers when I saw you? This certainly looks yummy!

Ruth Daniels said...

I'm a sucker for pesto and a sucker for pistachio nuts. I just never thought to put them together. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Marsha said...

I make pesto about once each week (or whenever my basil plant is feeling generous). I often use pine nuts or walnuts, but I love the idea of pistachios! I will try that this week. I use less oil, too, which makes it less creamy but also a little bit less fattening. Thanks for the inspiration, chef!

Anonymous said...

Good looking and delicious pistachio pesto!I will definitely try this recipe... thanks :)