Friday, June 18, 2010

Fruit Pasta

A few weeks ago we went to Piedmont Park for their fresh market.
There is a company,Pappardelle's Pasta, that sells over 100 flavors
of dried pasta and fresh-frozen ravioli, sauces and pestos.




I was so impressed with the variety of flavors and choices that
it took awhile to make a decision about what kind to buy.
I selected the Southwestern Orzo and the Fanciful Fruit Pasta Blend.


The next decision was what to do with the beautiful fruit pasta.



I sliced kiwi, mango and blueberries.
In a small bowl I whisked together some orange juice,
honey, a tablespoon of lemon juice, fresh mint and
a little water from the pasta. When the pasta
was ready I drained the noodles and added the fruit and juice
mixture to the pasta. I place the pasta in the refrigerator to
chill for a few minutes before eating.



Wow! what a unique, fruity flavor.

1 comment:

chris said...

Interesting! Sounds delicious though. ;)

Like the new look by the way...