Friday, January 4, 2008

Goat Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

I always look forward to vacation!
It is so much fun to catch up with family and friends.

What a pleasure to have the time to hang out, go out to lunch,
shop or even clean or organize.

But after about 5 days something begins to happen.
I begin to miss work!

There are many reasons but the easiest to explain
is that I find work to be fun and challenging!

So, I will enjoy a few more days of a relaxed schedule
and then I am back to work.

With all this time off I have been able to
spend a little more time in the kitchen.

This Goat Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken is
a recipe made up because of the ingredients I noticed in my cabinets.
I am sure if you google the main ingredients,
you may be able to come up with a more formal recipe.
But here is what I did.

Goat Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
3 tbsp vegetable oil
8 - 10 mushrooms, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
6 basil leaves, chopped
3 oz of goat cheese

Saute the onions and mushrooms in vegetable oil.
Take off the heat and drain the liquid.
Add the goat cheese and basil.
Mix well and set aside.


Breaded Chicken
I pounded out the chicken making it nice and thin.
Then I mixed almonds, cashews and flour in my food processor.
I dipped the chicken in a milk and egg mixture.
Then I coated it with the nut mixture.

I placed the chicken in a skillet with a little oil
and cooked each side for about 2- 3 minutes.
Then, I took the mushroom and cheese filling and placed
a few spoonfuls in the center of each
piece of chicken and rolled it, securing it with a toothpick or two.
I greased a baking dish, placed the stuffed chicken in the dish
and placed it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 3 -5 minutes.
Making sure to allow the rest of the chicken to cook and the filling to warm.

The combination of the Goat Cheese and mushroom filling
was very good with the nut breading.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great and fairly esasy to cook too. Thanks for sharing
X M