Thursday, June 7, 2007

A New Salmon Recipe

I have a favorite Salmon recipe that has soy sauce, honey, ginger and orange marmalade but I decided to venture out and try something new this time.

I found a new Salmon recipe by Bobby Flay on the food network website.

Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey (I added a little more honey)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
Vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each

Melt the brown sugar, honey and butter in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat.

Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Let cool.

Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salmon skin side down on the grill.

Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes to medium doneness, turning once after 5 to 6 minutes.


This recipe was very good. I would definitely make it again!


3 comments:

janelle said...

That sounds SO yummy. I think this recipe might be the way to convince my kiddos to like salmon:).

Sharona May said...

I think so because of the brown sugar.

Chris said...

Another fab salmon recipe! I love this one...and I liked the Pecan Encrusted Salmon I made upon your recommendation, too! You make cooking salmon anything but swimming up stream....hee hee