Saturday, June 2, 2007

Tilapia with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes

I enjoy trying new recipes. I have made Tilapia several times. I love making "Foiled Tilapia" with red onions, lemon juice and butter. Tonight I made Tilapia with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes. The flavor was good and I enjoyed it. If I were to make this recipe again I would cut down on the black olives a little - they were a tad overpowering.


Tilapia with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes


1/4 cup olive oil

2 pounds tilapia

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper

4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved

1 cup Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives chopped

6 garlic cloves, minced

Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add half of fish to skillet and sauté until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to platter. Repeat with remaining fish. Add parsley and crushed red pepper to same skillet; sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes, olives, and garlic; sauté until tomatoes are soft and juicy, about 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper; spoon over fish.





2 comments:

Chris said...

Whoa~! I am behind in reading the blogs. I love this recipe and will have to try it. You know me and Tilapia!

Sharona May said...

It was very good. A little less on the black olive and I think it would be perfect.