Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Little Italian Dish

I was feeling like something Italian and a little spicy so I decided to make a
Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce.


I started by sautéing two cloves garlic and one large white onion in olive oil.
This smell always reminds me of my grandma's house. She always made the best homemade sauce!

Then I added a chopped red pepper, 1/4 cup chopped basil, 2tbs parsley and let cook a little longer.


After that I add:
2 large can of whole tomatoes,
1 small /medium can of tomato sauce
salt and pepper to taste
and two medium pieces of a potato
( I will take the potato out after the sauce cooks)


In a separate pan I sauté the spicy Italian Sausage in olive oil with some chopped white onions. I sauté them over high heat just to brown the outside. After they are lightly browned I put them into the sauce to cook.

If time, I like to allow the sauce to cook on low heat for 2 hours.
Then it is ready to serve over the pasta of your choice.


I would like this submit this recipe to Ruth's weekly

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yum!!! You should email Ruth and enter this in Presto Pasta Nights!

Ruth Daniels said...

Somehow your email got sent to my spam folder. Thank goodness I check! Great dish and I'm adding it to the roundup.

Chris, thanks for suggesting PPN.

Sharona May said...

Thanks so much Ruth!