Thursday, July 19, 2007

Everything Except the Kitchen Sink

The other day when I opened the refrigerator to begin to think about what to make for dinner I realized that we still had a ton of fresh vegetables that I needed to use up otherwise they would go bad.
Hmm zuchinni, squash, peppers, onions, cabbage and more................. what can I make????


Stir Fry!

So I pulled out my wok and started heating up vegetable oil.
Next, I took 2 chicken breasts diced them into small pieces.
I chopped a white onion, 2 zuchinni, 2 squash, 2 green peppers, half a head of cabbage, and one small red onion.

Once the wok was hot I started by cooking the chicken for about 5 minutes.

Then I added the vegetables.

While cooking the veggies I added
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoons oregano
1/4 soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
toasted sesame seeds

* be careful not cook the vegetables too long - you want them to crispy*


I have to say that although this meal is full of fresh vegetables it was just ok, not great.
If you have any suggestions on how to make a better Stir Fry please let me know.

No comments: