Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmigiana is a popular Italian dish made of chicken breast covered in bread crumbs and topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella.

This is a dish I really enjoy eating for dinner but I do not do it often because I feel like the prep time is long.

I start by pounding out my chicken until it is nice and thin.

Then I bread the chicken in Italian bread Crumbs with a little extra parmesan cheese , fresh parsley and fresh basil.

After breading the chicken, lightly fry it in a pan with a little olive oil.

Careful not to over cook.

Then in a baking dish add a little sauce to the bottom.


The sauce can be homemade or your favorite variety from the store.

Add the chicken cutlets to the pan and layer with a little more sauce.


Top with mozarella cheese.

Bake until chicken is completely cooked and cheese is melted.




Now that is Fantastico!!



1 comment:

Sharona May said...

i do love the chicken parm (and yours does look yummy); but the pounding the chicken thing? can we do without that or is that a must? -ciao! RLM