Monday, September 10, 2007

Straw Hay Pasta

My Grandma gave me a few of her cookbooks when I was first married.
I guess she thought I needed to learn how to cook - She was right!

I absolutely loved the Anne Willan's Look and Cook books because they give step by step directions with illustrations for each step. I really needed that when I began cooking.

This recipe for Straw Hay Pasta came from one of her books. Of course she mades the noodles from scratch - I just buy the noodles at the store.


Straw Hay Pasta
Sauté one medium white onion in butter
Add diced mushrooms
4 oz of ham, chopped
(you can order a salad slice of ham from deli so it is nice and thick and ready to chop).
3/4 cup of sweet peas
Sauté these items a few more minutes.

Then add:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbs honey
black pepper to taste
finely grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
Bring sauce to a boil and then let simmer about 3-4 minutes.

Serve over Fettichini Noodles












I think I will submit this recipe to Ruth for her Weekly Presto Pasta Night Event.

1 comment:

kamarul said...

Hi,

You have great blog. Would you mind to have a link exchange with me?

Please email me if you are interested.

my email : kamarul[at]hoteltravel[dot]com

I'd like to exchange your link with our company website.

Thanks.

Note: You can delete this comment.