Monday, September 3, 2007

Going to a Party?

If you are going to a party this weekend here is a great appetizer to bring.
It is easy and very good.
I served it at our housewarming last March and everyone asked for the recipe.


I found the recipe on the Foodnetwork a while back

Tomatoes and Artichokes Oregananta
2 tbsp olive oil
2tsp minced garlic
6 Roma Tomatoes, seeded an chopped into small pieces
1 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
1 tbsp of Italian dressing mix ( dry package)
1 tbsp of dried oregano
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley

In skillet, heat oil. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, artichokes, and Italian dressing mix. Heat through thoroughly, about 3-4 minutes. Then add oregano and balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 additional minute.

Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese
Serve on slices of Italian bread that have been lightly toasted.

Very Good!







3 comments:

Shayne said...

mmmmmmm I think that this would be great for dinner.

Chris said...

Looks delicious! When I can taste again, I need to put it on my to make list!

Sharona May said...

Thanks for the comments ladies. I hope you enjoy the recipe.